BEIJING –on Tuesday accused “Tibet independence forces” of planning to use suicide squads to trigger bloody attacks — the lastest in a string of accusations that have taken aim at supporters of the .
REUTERS/Adrees Latif (NEPAL)
The prime minister of Tibet’s government-in-exile denied the claims, saying Tibetans are committed to a “nonviolent path.”
“To our knowledge, the next plan of theis to organize suicide squads to launch violent attacks,” Public Security Bureau spokesman Wu Heping said Tuesday.
“They claimed that they fear neither bloodshed nor sacrifice,” Wu told a news conference.
Wu offered no firm evidence to support his claims.
accuses the Dalai Lama and his supporters of orchestrating anti-government in last month as part of a campaign to sabotage the August and promote Tibetan independence.
The 72-year-oldhas denied the charge, condemning the violence and urging an independent international investigation into the unrest and its underlying causes.
Prime Minister Samdhong Rinpoche of Tibet’s exiled government reiterated that position Tuesday.
“There is no question of suicide attacks,” said Rinpoche. “There is absolutely no doubt in our mind that we want to follow the nonviolent path.”